Tuesday, August 26, 2008

NY Delgation Breakfast Day 2

This morning's breakfast was dedicated to the theme of women in politics. Diana got there early and got us seats right up near the front. I got a chance to speak with Congressman Rangel about Dan Maffei's Congressional race, and was seated next to Westchester County Executive, Andrew Spano.

Congresswoman Louise Slaughter was among the speakers, and I got a chance to give her her delegate button, and to mention that I work for a Rochester based company (LogicalSolutions.net). She sends her greetings!

The featured speakers this morning were Caroline Kennedy and Arizona Governer Janet Napolitano. Governor Napolitano got a big laugh when she mentioned that her state of Arizona is the only state in the country that does not have a governor's mansion - so she lives in the only "Governor's Condo" in the country.

The women's caucus events are today, and Governor Paterson will be speaking at the convention this afternoon. Everyone I know here is crushingly tired from running from event to event and party to party. I am thinking that there better be a nap time this afternoon...

2 comments:

Sarah Cowen said...

Yes, it must be hard running from places to places. DARN! I so wish I was there with you!!! I'll take over!!!

Hadar said...

Lisa:

I am very much enjoying listening to the convention on NPR and reading your blog!
Keep up the good work!

thanks!
Hadar