Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hillary speaks at NY Delegation Breakfast

Senator Clinton spoke this morning at the NY Delegation breakfast. She gave a very good speech and said she hopes that her supporters will work as hard for Barack as they did for her. She got a very warm reception and supporters mobbed her afterward, looking to talk with her.

After she spoke, I got an opportunity to speak with Congressman John Hall, in whose district my brother and sister-in-law live. I gave him his delegate pin and got a photo with him. I also got to sit and have breakfast with Syracuse common council president Bea Gonzales and a mix of Clinton and Obama delegates from around the state.

After the breakfast, everyone gets in line to get their credentials for the day. Each day there are different credentials, and they allow delegates into almost all of the events onto the floor of the Pepsi center. If you miss the handing out of credentials you are out of luck for the day, so everyone is told that the breakfast meetings are mandatory.

After breakfast, I went to the young Democrats press availability at the Colorado convention center. Their definition of "young" is very loose, and by some technicality, I still qualify. Wandering out of that one, I stopped for the first time since I have been here to actually pay for food. Everywhere we go there seems to be free food and free drinks. There had been a rumor that the DNC had mandated that all food be healthy - no fried food and lots of fruits and vegetables. I have seen no evidence of that rule yet...

No comments: