Monday, August 25, 2008

Chatty Kathys

Ok, I have been trying to check my email and post on this blog for at least an hour now in the lobby of the hotel, where there is free wifi, and it has been a non-stop parade of friendly people stopping to talk.
A man named Ira
Lisa with Ira
who is selling and trading campaign buttons came by to talk and show me all the interesting buttons he had found and traded. He gave me a couple of unusual ones, and also came back and gave me special "Denver '08" coffee packets he had picked up from who-knows-where. I gave him a "New York for Obama" button.
I also just stopped to talk to Mark Green, for whose Attorney General campaign I had done some work back in '06. A couple of Buffalo and Rochester delegates stopped by to say hello as well. Political people are almost pathologically friendly...

No comments: