Friday, August 29, 2008

Last Day

Today was the big day. We took the shuttle buses over to Invesco Field for the final night of the convention. The logistics were such that we were warned to leave very early, which we did. It was a good thing that we did because there was a lot of waiting in line, both for the buses, and after we got off, waiting to get into the delegate and press entry to the arena.

Fortunately, the time waiting in line flew by, because were in line right behind E. J. Dionne, my favorite columnist from the Washington Post, and Mitchell Berger, who had been a senior advisor to Al Gore when he ran for President in 2000. We had a fascinating conversation with them for about an hour as the line inched along. E.J. asked me about the delegate buttons, and I told him I would make one for him and mail it to him, but he asked instead if I would make one for his son, who has been a very big Obama supporter for quite some time, and I said I would be happy to do so. When we finally got into the stadium, E.J. gave us a big hug, and headed off to the press area, and we went to the delegate area.

No comments: