Sunday, July 20, 2008

Welcome

Welcome! My name is Lisa Daly and I am an elected delegate from New York's 25th Congressional District, pledged to Senator Barack Obama. I have been acting as the Central New York coordinator (on a volunteer basis) for the campaign for about the past year. In the fall of 2007 I was also named a co-chair for Upstate, New York. I, like almost all of the people who have been working so hard on this campaign, am a volunteer. I have a regular day job, (which I love), as an internet consultant at LogicalSolutions.net of Rochester and Syracuse.

I set up this blog as a place to write about my experiences representing the 25th district at the Democratic National Convention in Denver this August 25th through the 28th. My counterpart from the Rochester end of the district is Ken Preston, who has been a lead organizer in Rochester for the campaign, and will also be going to Denver as an elected delegate. Hopefully I can persuade him to take the time to make a few entries as well, while we are there.

For a little background on me and my involvement in the campaign, in February of 2007, I founded the group "Syracuse for Obama," a grassroots group of supporters and volunteers for the campaign in the Central New York area. Since then, this group has grown to over 650 members. Note: Anyone interested in joining the campaign and hearing about volunteer opportunities in this area, should visit the group's page on the my.barackobama.com site (shortcut here: www.syracuseforobama.com), and click to join the group.

1 comment:

Adrian Finch said...

Thank you so much for all your hard work and planing. My wife and I were out of town so we couldn't make it to the BBQ. Hopefully everything went well. Wish I could go to Denver too, but I guess the theater on the 28th will be the next best thing...